How to become a Sri Sri Ayurveda Bodywork & Health Practitioner?
The full certification consists of:
- Sri Sri Ayurveda Bodywork & Health Practitioner Certification 1 (ABHP1)
- Ayurvedic Bodywork & Health Practitioner Certification 2 (ABHP2)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Marma Chikitsa Certification
- Art of Wholesome Eating Teacher Training
- Training for Mother & Newborn Care (TMNC)
Each training can be taken individually and come with the corresponding course manuals. Scroll down the page to learn more about each practitioner training. And contact us to receive our training catalog.
This 15-day in-house training gives the tools to recognize and honor the basic constitutional types, teach self-care routines and receive an introduction into running an ayurvedic practice.
The objective of this ABHP1 course is to enable students to work as practitioners of five very effective Ayurvedic treatments:
- 2-hands and 4-hands Abhyanga
- Karna Purna
- Katti Basti
More than simply performing treatments and massages, technicians will be taught the most important principles of Ayurveda :
- The Samkhya philosophy
- The three doshas
- The three gunas
- The sources of imbalance
This 17-day in-house training takes students deeper into the study of Ayurveda and ensures students will be competent to perform a further ten techniques, which will prepare them to offer a practice of a total of 15 treatments.
On ABHP2 you will learn :
- Head, Hands and Feet Massage
- Post-trauma massage
- Netra Basti
- Nabbi Basti
- Hrid Basti
- Jala Basti
- Udwarthanam (toxin reduction and weight loss treatment)
The ayurvedic theory will include:
- The 5 Subdoshas of Vata, Pitta and Kapha,
- The 7 Dhatus, Prana, Tejas and Ojas,
- The Disease Process
- Dina Charya
Please contact us for more details.
The teaching of this on-line course is specifically linked to the principles of ayurveda. It includes the following modules:
- The skeleton
- The muscles
- The articulations
- The main organs in the body
- The process of respiration
- The digestive system
- The nervous system
- The skin
- The endocrine system
Marma points are ‘the various points on the body where the subtle life energy becomes matter, where thoughts transfer into the physical’.
Marma points link to the subtle channels called nadis. Gentle pressure on the marma points release blocks and allows prana (life energy) to flow to the connecting organ or tissue.
It is potentially the most restorative of the ayurvedic treatments. Marma Chikitsa is a widely popular technique. It is simple and effective, with minimum equipment, it can be practiced anywhere.
This four day in-house training teaches :
- The basic Principles of Ayurveda
- The theory of Marma Chikitsa
- Training in client care
- Training in Marma Polarity Routine
- Training in 28 major Marma Points
This 14-day intensive course is designed for those who would like to teach the basic principles of an ayurvedic lifestyle and a balanced, tasty, vegetarian diet according to the different constitutions as defined by ayurveda.
Ayurveda pays special attention to what we eat, how we eat and how we digest our food, as it is of prime importance for energy, vitality and clear thinking.
During this course, you will:
- Be trained to teach the six basic theory sessions on ayurveda and how to relate them to foods (the 3 doshas).
- Understand the strong link, which exists between the food we eat, our mind, our moods and consequent behaviour (the 3 gunas and the 6 tastes).
- Learn the importance of a strong digestion and comprehend the dis-ease process in Ayurveda.
- Be coached to give practical demonstrations using your own recipes and to enliven ayurvedic knowledge in your classes.
Sri Sri Ayurveda is delighted to offer you the Ayurvedic Mother & Infant Post Partum Doula Training This ten day training is packed with vital Ayurvedic training on baby massage, mother massage, breastfeeding, weaning, and special food requirements for the special needs of postpartum.
This course is designed to offer a valuable niche qualification for massage therapists and other body workers as well as giving the tools necessary to begin working as an Ayur-doula as a profession. We are very happy to train people without experience in the health field but who resonate deeply with this concept.
On this program you will learn:
- Intensive Mother Massage Technique
- Protocols for home care recommended by Ayurveda for 42 days’ daily after childbirth
- Special considerations for post-surgery
- Maternal schedule for daily routines
- Lactation and successful breast feeding
- Basic nutrition principles for the Post-Partum period
- Important principles of client care
- Abdominal belly wrapping and self-massage techniques
- Baby massage training to teach mothers and their families
To apply reach out to Ann Revington at srisriayurveda@artofliving.