How far is the Centre from Montreal?
The Centre is situated two hours (150 km/93 miles) east of Montreal, near the village of Saint-Mathieu-du-Parc in the pristine Quebec countryside. Plan your trip to ensure that your transportation to and from the center is as smooth as possible. Driving directions from neighbouring Canadian and US cities can be found below.
If I am driving, how do I get there?
DIRECTIONS FROM MONTREAL DIRECTIONS FROM QUEBEC CITY DIRECTIONS FROM TORONTO DIRECTIONS FROM OTTAWA DIRECTIONS FROM NEW-YORK GPS Instruction: Use 13 chemin du lac blanc (or 1151 chemin Saint-Marc; neighbour from the main entrance) Saint-Mathieu-du-Parc, QC, G0X 1N0
If am not taking a course, are there other transportation options? Ask us about the possibility of transportation service outside of the above guidelines. If transportation is available, the extra cost for this special service will be: $90 per round trip per person.
Is there a shuttle from the airport to the center?
The Centre will provide limited transportation to and from the Montreal Trudeau International Airport (formerly known as Montreal Dorval Airport), ONLY on the days of arrival and departure for your course. Click this link to register for the shuttle
Arranging Your Own Transportation to the Centre
If you wish to arrive at the Centre either before your course start date or leave on a day other you’re your course end date, you will need to arrange your own transportation to the Centre. There are four options: public bus, private rental car, train, or taxi.
Getting to Downtown Montreal from the Airport:
1. Taxi From the Montreal-Trudeau Airport: You can catch the shuttle bus service or a taxi to the Berri Central Bus Station, phone: 514-842-2281. Enquire at the airport Information Counter. A taxi directly from Montreal-Trudeau Airport to the Centre costs approximately $300.00 or more.
2. Shuttle Bus Services to Downtown Montreal: The shuttle, the 747 bus line leaves from Montreal-Trudeau Airport every 10 or 20 minutes between 5:00 am to 9:00 pm. It travels via the Central Train Station to the Berri Central Bus Station. (These stops are all closely connected to the city metro and public bus systems.) Make sure to enquire at the Information Counter for updated information.
Getting to the center from Downtown Montreal
1. Public Bus: At the Berri Montreal bus station you catch take the Orleans Express Bus to Trois-Rivières or Louiseville (6h am only). Please call Orleans Express at 514-842-2281 or check their website at http://www.orleansexpress.com/ for schedule and ticket price information. If you provide advance notice, you may call us at 819-532-3328 to request pickup from either Trois-Rivières or Louiseville, and we will do our best to accommodate you. Otherwise you may take a taxi to the center. Taxis From Trois-Rivières to the Centre: Please call 1-855-378-5444 or 819-801-7132 Taxis From Louiseville to the center: Please call Tel: 819-378-5444 or 819-380-7783
2. Private Rental Cars: We urge all those coming to the Ashram by private or rented cars to try to bring up to car pool. This is a good way to make friends, to reduce your costs and pollution, and be of service to others. From Montreal-Trudeau Airport to the Centre is a 200 km or 2 to 2:30 hour drive. The nearest town to the Centre is Shawinigan, thirty minutes away. You can rent cars at Montreal-Trudeau Airport from the main North American car rental companies. For your convenience, some rental car contacts are provided below. Driving directions to the center are also provided below. Companies Phone Toll-free: Avis 1-800-879-2847 Budget 1-800-268-8900 Hertz 1-800-263-0678 National 1-800-227-7368
3. By Train: When planning your trip by train, give yourself plenty of time for arrival in Montreal since trains are often late. Continue to the Centre either by the Orleans Express (See above.) or by train to Shawinigan as per the following schedule: For train information: 1-800-361-5390, Montreal: 514-989-2626, or www.viarail.ca. Amtrak (New York) 1 800 872-7245.
1. Montreal-Trudeau Airport: 1-800-465-1213 From this number an AOL Representative can be paged at the airport from about noon until 6:00 pm on arrival days. IF YOU KNOW YOUR FLIGHT IS GOING TO BE DELAYED, PLEASE ADVISE US.
2. Montreal-Trudeau Airport, Information Counter: 514-931-9002
3. www.tourism-montreal.org and www.montrealplus.ca are excellent sources for more information.
4. www.yellowpages.ca for Canadian Yellow Pages
5. Tourism Quebec has information on Quebec Province: 1-800-266-5687
6. Tourism Mauricie has information on the area surrounding the center: 1-800-567-7603 7. See also the following websites for sightseeing information www.icimauricie.com and www.bonjourmauricie.com